How to Help
How to Help RM Athletics
The interscholastic athletic program at RM includes competition in 20 sports, with 27 varsity-level teams and 13 junior varsity-level teams, offering approximately 900 athletic roster spots during the year.
To run at current levels, RM Athletics spends around $200,000 a year. Of that $200,000, MCPS funds about $60,000. After ticket sales and other athletic department income, the athletic department shortfall is about $90,000. To help raise money MCPS allows high schools to have a Booster Clubs which provide financial support to the school. RMHS Athletic Booster Club is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization. Contributions are always needed and are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
How to Help
- Donate each season. If donating for more than one student athlete, please do this for each student. Donate Now
- Donate by Mail – Donation form for mail or drop off
- Donate in person at the New Family BBQ, Meet the Coach Night, or Back To School Night
- Parents are reminded of the Athletic Department financial need every season their child plays on a team and are welcome to contribute seasonally, yearly or can even do a monthly recurring donation in PayPal.
Support our Fundraisers –
- Start the season off right by making sure your athlete and their team are using the team’s TeamSnap account. TeamSnap is a tool for coaches, players and parents to get team messages, team and parent rosters, schedule updates and more. If your coach doesn’t have a consistent communication plan, ask for it.
- Sign up for the Athletic Newsletter by going to the Constant Contact button on the Home Page.
- Come to games
- Come out to restaurant nights
- Buy Mulch – Athletic Department biggest fundraiser held in March/April. More info at RMmulch.org
- Advertise your local business with our Banner and Website advertising program
- Shop at the Booster’s Spirit Shack to get RM gear during Thursday lunch & at many sporting events.
- Buy A Rockville Reward Card because when you Spend $25, RM Gets $25 and you get discounts that you can use all year. See the great discounts that come with the Rockville Reward Card
- The Booster Club is the organizing group for Athletics and a first stop for anyone looking to help. Here are some areas that the Booster Club organizes.
- Concession Stand– A fun way to help and meet new people. Work an event or help shop.
- Mulch Sale– Held in March/April of each year. The biggest fundraiser of the year doesn’t run without lots of support. Go to RMmulch.org for more volunteer info
- Team Parents– Help the team organize rides, senior nights, concession stand coverage and more.
- Spirit Shack Sales – Design, purchase and sell all things RM.
- Event Organizers – The Booster Club is at its best when it can do more than just raise money. Help with Dodgeball, Fun Runs, or make an idea of you own come to life.
- Help with a committee – The Booster Club needs at least 20 people to organize all the usual activities and can always use more help. Fundraising, social media, website, E-Newsletter, chasing donations, restaurant night events and so much more. See more info on all the committees and positions